1. People change and that’s okay. People will change and it will surprise you. It’s 100% okay to grow apart from people because they are changing. People never stay the same.
2. You change and that’s also okay. You’ll change as well. Don’t expect to be the same person you were 4 years ago. Who you were at 15 is not who you’ll be at 18, or 19. You are constantly growing and changing and liking new things. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you’ll be happy.
3. People will leave you. Surprise!!! People leave. People get tired of you, people don’t have to stick around. Sometimes you’re the one to initiate it, it’s fine. Don’t worry about it.
4. It’s okay NOT to be okay. It’s okay to scream. It’s okay to cry. But it’s not okay to hurt yourself because you’re not okay. You’ll have days where you think your entire world is falling apart. You’ll have days where you can’t get out of bed. That’s okay, just know that it doesn’t last forever. Some people need medicine, that’s OKAY. It took me the longest time to realize that medicine is not the devil and that it actually helps. You’re not weird for needing it. It’s okay to be “that person that needs medicine to make them happy”.
5. Study, Study, Study. I cannot stress enough how important studying is. I realllllyyyy wish I would have realized this in high school. Okay, I did realize it but I didn’t do anything to actually study. Dumb, I know. Just please study.
6. Who you were when you were 14 is not the same person you’ll be when you’re 18.
7. Boys will never change. As much as you think boys will eventually mature and change, they don’t. They are still boys. You cannot change them, you cannot make them like you. You can’t make “the bad guys good for a weekend”, Sorry Taylor.
8. Be whoever you want to be. Do whatever you please. Wear what you want, dress like you want, Do whatever you want.
9. Girls will be mean. It’s no secret that girls are mean. Girls will continue to be mean. They won’t like you because of something you said 5 years ago, or what you wear, or how you do your makeup. Girls are mean. But guess what, you don’t have to be mean if you don’t want to.
10. You absolutely do not need to drink to have fun. Don’t think that you need to drink to have fun. Drinking doesn’t make you fun, you make yourself fun. Sure it can help get you out of your comfort zone but you don’t need to drink to have fun.
11. Don’t give in to peer pressure. If you don’t want to smoke weed, don’t. Don’t let people talk you into doing anything you don’t want to do. You’ll be much happier if you stick with your own answer than giving in to what people want you to do.
12. Always carry some money with you, even if it’s just $5. This is easy, you never know what situation you will be in so just make sure to have a little bit of money with you wherever you go.
13. Drink a LOT of water. Water is amazing. Water can cure so much. It’s so easy to just now drink water and to drink soda, or juice or anything but water. But after drinking nothing but water anymore, you’ll notice a HUGE difference. You’ll feel so much better, your skin will be better, you’ll be happier. Just drink the water.
14. Your mom is always right…most of the time. Don’t argue with what she says because a majority of the time, she’s right about everything. She knows a lot more than you think she does.
15. Say what you want to say. If you want to say something, say it. Just make sure that it’s not hurtful before you say it. It’s so important to say what you want but you need to have somewhat of a filter. Stick up for yourself, what you believe in, your friends, your family. Just don’t be rude.
16. Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Your mental health is so important. It affects everything you do. If you need a mental health day, take one. Mental health should be treated as if its as important as physical health.
17. Stop overthinking EVERYTHING. Just do it! Just go with your gut. You don’t have to sit there for 5 minutes thinking about the outcome. Yes, it’s important to be aware of the outcome but you don’t need to let overthinking ruin you. If you are constantly overthinking everything, you miss a whole lot of fun.
18. Healthy eating is so important. You’ll feel so much better if you just eat healthy. It’s not hard to do and you’ll quickly realize that you will feel better. Start small if you have to by swapping out snacks, then swap out meals.It’s so rewarding.
19. Do whatever you want, it’s your life.